xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

I-Pod Shuffle

I should getting mine soon...im trying out the free ipod shuffle thing, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, and I only need one more referral which my friend is probably gonna do this weekend. They look pretty good, but the battery isnt that good, and no screen could get a little annoying...from what ive heard from experienced users, its great for portability, but not something to use on a trip or anything.

Edit: i now have all the referrals I need for the free shuffle, ill keep u guys posted in the "whats up with that free ipod thing???" topic.

Are you kidding? I have an iPod Shuffle and it's great! I have only had to charge the battery once since I got it and I have played it A LOT. I can't understand why people don't just go with the Shuffle because your never going to listen to 10,000 songs on a real iPod in one day. Go with the shuffle! 8)

hmm..ipod shuffle only holds a limited amout of songs..and its kinda got the funny look to it. go to http://www.apple.com/ ..they reduced the ipod mini prices to 199! its better..cause its sleek and nice..and u can get a 6gb..nice for transfering files..if u know how to :wink:

Ryan,
W/ the shuffle is it true that you cant put CDs on it and you have to buy everything through iTunes?

See my post @

http://forums.xisto.com/

I just want to be sure Im giving out true information!

--
Mike

I think it has been answered, but you can rip cds in iTunes and then put them on the iPod and iPod Shuffle my 3gb library proves it. ;)

Bah. I just despise apple because of their marketing tactics. Y'know. Where they make people think they're innovative. :wink: *cough* Creative *cough* There's players with more function and probably better price out there, but seems that people are going for style these days.PS: I'm probably biased. Living in Singapore and all. (Creative HQ)

I believe that the Shuffle itself is a great device, however, Apples marketing efforts for the shuffle are somewhat corrupted. First, they make an incredible profit on the shuffle, its claimed as high as 60%. Second, they advertise the lack of a screen as a feature. It is not fair to call something that dosnt exist a feature. Mabye simplicity is, but as demonstrated in the ipod, a screen can be simple too.

Screens are cool. I'm not much of a music person; I can't seem to concentrate without it being quiet... So mass storage MP3 devices don't help me. Even so, I believe in multifunction devices. E.g., some type of smart phone, and then throw a 2gb SD card into it. Problem solved. ;) That's why I think stuff like the Shuffle, other flash drive players, even the iPod mini isn't that great, as flash memory in the form of SD and CF is getting cheaper, and it is so much easier just to find a nice phone for really cheap with a mobile plan. Or even trade-in.

i dont really like the shuffle because it dont have no screen and you cant choose the song you want I think regular i-pods are better because you can carry your whole cd collection in your pocket and listen to whatever you want