xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Laptop

I have a 4 year old Sony Vaio...its still working great..even though its only 1ghz and 20 gig hdd, I can still run dual-boot with winxp/fedora (linux). I havnt had any problems with it, and im not planning on replacing it until I start college (3 years).

my favorite brand i would have to go with gateway... we have 3 in the house and they all work fine... our oldest is a 95 i believe :D right when windows 95 came out... 32 mb RAM whoooooooooooooohoooooo

I have a 4 year old Sony Vaio...its still working great..even though its only 1ghz and 20 gig hdd, I can still run dual-boot with winxp/fedora (linux).  I havnt had any problems with it, and im not planning on replacing it until I start college (3 years).

How do you run windows/linux...Partitian?

Any Way im glad they still work great....ive had this like 1.5 years and its still running smooth!

Best of luck to EVERYONE w/ a laptop!

--
Mike

I recently purchased a second hand ex gov surplus laptop computer. It is know faster than my desktop machines which are getting on.I have noticed in my years of servicing laptops that some of the earlier compaq laptop computers in Australia had heat sensor problems and kept shutting down before the system had even finished checking bootup functions. Tom :D

I think that Dell would be good for a laptop. Since they are a windows laptop and that makes it better as far a software support.