xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

DJ GRAMMAR SCOOPS DANCE AWARDS

DJ Grammar has again cleaned up at the prestigious Electronic Music Awards for his Double Negative Mix of the Sonia Dada song Lover. DJ Grammar is justly famous for his own self-constructed sub-genre of remixing songs to correct poor grammar and sloppy sentence construction. "When I heard the line 'Lover, you don't treat me no good no more' I knew I wanted to work with the song," said Grammar. "After all, if you don't treat someone 'no good', as is being claimed, you are treating them well. Thus, the clause in the sentence that reads 'Lover, you don't treat me no good' in fact would mean that the lover is being treated well. However, there is further confusion arising from the last part of the sentence, in which it is indicated this good treatment is happening 'no more'. It seems, then, the lover's previous good treatment has stopped. I felt I could clear this up." DJ Grammar's own mix, entitled Lover, Your Previous Good Treatment of Me Has Stopped, was not only a hit in London's superclubs, but was a cross-over success in the worlds of trance, deep house, nu-skool, bog-roll, drum'n'bass, fish'n'chips, hip-hop and flip-flop.

DJ Grammar has big plans. "You know that line in The Doors' L.A. Woman? It goes 'If they say I never loved you/You know they are a liar.' Well, let me tell you, pronoun-adjective incongruence is one of my specialities."

In other Electronic Music Award news, "Best Club Song" was won by the Richmond Football Club.