xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Windows XP Start Menu, adding folders to the right had side

Hey all.I've been scouering the registry for the keys that control which 'special' folders are displayed on the right hand side of the start menu such as the My Computer, My Music, MyPictues as i want to add a folder to this section, i want to add My Videos.However i've not found it and the windows tips sites i've come across have not been too useful.Anybody got someplace they can point me?

Hey all.I've been scouering the registry for the keys that control which 'special' folders are displayed on the right hand side of the start menu such as the My Computer, My Music, MyPictues as i want to add a folder to this section, i want to add My Videos.However i've not found it and the windows tips sites i've come across have not been too useful.Anybody got someplace they can point me?O right click start-> Properties->Customize->AdvancedHope this helps...PM me if it doesn't--Mike

hey all.I've been scouering the registry for the keys that control which'special' folders are displayed on the right hand side of the startMenu such as the My Computer, My Music, MyPictues as I want to add aFolder to this section, I want to add My Videos.However I've not found it and the windows tips sites I've come across have not been too useful.Anybody got someplace they can point me?

O right click start-> Properties->Customize->AdvancedHope this helps...PM me if it doesn't--Mike

Mike, I came to this place looking for an answer to the very same question, but leaving wondering if you even read the question. Your answer DOES NOT help anyone add OTHER folders to the right hand side of the start menu (like a 'My Videos' folder).

-reply by Dex Luther

Well there I found a topic somewhat close to this on Xisto that might solve the problem your looking for http://forums.xisto.com/topic/90235-help-adding-my-videos-folder-to-start-menu-windows-xp-only/. Looks to me a mini tutorial or something but if you check out the coding and the posts you might find out where to go to tweak the right menu on the start button.