xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gijoe18

Da Vinci Code

Yeah, Da Vinci Code is awesome (not like we didn't already know that or anything...), and I'm basically just repeating stuff that's already been said but oh well...it's a page turner, I couldn't put it down, it's now one of my favorite books, and once I started to read State of Fear by Michael Crichton I couldn't get in to it cuz it was too different from Da Vinci Code (in State of Fear I still haven't gotten very far...it's just not as interesting as some of his other books...I dunno, maybe it's just me).

Yeah da vinci code is a great book, i couldnt put it down! But i did do some research on it and most of the information is correct! Phi, constantine, and he proves most of it actually in the book, especially in the part about transmorgification (mixing two religions to make one religion suitable for both.)

It was highly researched, he actually went to all the places that are featured in the book. I beleive it is the book of the year, beating Matthew Reily's new book.

I will put a link to Lenoardo Da Vinci's famous painting the last supper.

Look for on Jesus' right, is a woman, said to be Jesus' wife and carrier of his child. She and Jesus are making and M. M's are famous in Da Vinci's paintings. Jesus and his wife are both wearing blue and red, and wear it on opposite sides. There is a hand making a "chopping" gesture around her neck, if you count the arms it doesn;t have an owner. Also the fact that everyone has a glass, there is not a chalice (cup) everyone has a glass.

Great book! Look forward to his next one.

Posted Image

It's great, and so is the first book (Angels and Demons). It's so well thought out and researched the whole way, and it's such a page turner, I could barely put the book down :rolleyes: . The fact that the book is fiction doesn't change that many of the historical facts are accurate. If you go to Dan Browns website (http://www.danbrown.com/) he says the facts are true, but rather the interpretations and ideas of the characters are purely fictional.

41535[/snapback]

Unfortunately Dan Brown is estmating his super researching powers a bit too high. In fact, most of his "facts" are poorly researched snips, often taken from questionable sources, which he wildly interprets to fit his story. I haven't heard anyone who actually researches history, architecture, theology or anything relating to the things Brown says, not shredding Brown's research to pieces.

A quick google gives you ample critique of the Da Vinci Code. Unfortunately most of it is on christian webpages, not academic, you should be able to find something fairly decent without too much trouble though.

Despite all this negative stuff, yo umust admit that Dan Brown writes one mean conspiracy theory. Don't worry so much about actual facts. Focus more on what-ifs and think abpout it. i don't read to connect myself to the real world. I read to get myself out of it.

Yes I have read Da Vinci Cody by Dan Brown. I was glued to the book till the time I finished it. Awsome work of web of real and imaginative front. Each and every event in the story creats more and more of curosity in the mind of the reader. A journey from a museum to the old brotherhood protecting the holy grail. No wonder you are forced to think the whole episode as a real story. Half of the things described in the book are just real, and that is the real magic of research Mr. Dan Brown does before writing any of his novels. Read any one of his novel, you will find a mix of genuinity which will make the imagination more close to real. Robert Langdon, the symbologist of the story line is one of the very intelligent and expert charecters I have read.Hats off and a must read!

Oh man!!! It`s a great book. I like how Dan Brown make us wondering who is the enemy.And the ending is unpredictable.
Read Angel and Demon too.!!!

I think that this book no so great, i don't knew why...