xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gijoe18

Da Vinci Code

Has anyone here read the Da Vinci Code? I am currently reading it and I must say I am enjoying it very much. This book caught my attention right away. I truely recomend it, you will not put it down, plus it has a lot of interesting facts about Da Vinci's most famous paintings such as la Mona Lisa, The Last Supper, etc...

I'll add it to my reading list; hopefully my teacher will reguard it as a classic book so it counts towards my grade in her bloody classes.Although, I would reccomend two books; Hearts in Atlantis by Steven King, and possibly something such as the Sterkarm Handshake by Susan Price. :(

I Haven't read the book yet because it's always out of stock at the bookstores here in Manila. It's a bookseller. There's another book from the the author, "Angels and Demons" it's like prequel to Da Vinci Code. I just have to remind you that these books are FICTION.

LOL. I don't like to read books. Books are always annoying and always seem to make me fall asleep. Once i was driving down to flordia, and stoped for a bit to eat. Then a traffic jam built up on one of the high ways. So i pulled out my book and I couldn't keep my eye's open for thr rest of the day. Once i came to a hotel, i pasted out on the floor. I found a mouse on me the next day. LOL.

I haven't read the Di Vinci Code yet. I've been told last year that it was really worth ready and now i'm really wonder what's so good about it. Sadly I don't have anytime whatsoever to even study, let alone read for entertainment. You may say, "well you have time to post things eh" well actually whenever i'm on the computer I'm doing my homework or waiting for a bus and I only post when i'm taking a 5 min break:P

I've read all of Dan Brown's books (bought them all in Hawaii for some strange reason). I used to love them but now... I reckon they're pretty shallow and cliched. I reckon that if you like these sort of books, those by Matthew Reilly are pretty good too.

Hm....Just bought the Da Vinci Code two weeks ago and I've only read, what? 3 chapters? yeah~ saving it for the plane trip in two weeks time...anyways~ I'm really keen on reading it, but my friend said that all the Christians she knows that read that book began Non-Christian~ :) I wonder why?I would recommend 'The Ancient Future Trilogy' for anyone that's interested in Fantasy books~ It's REALLY GOOD!!!!! by Traci Harding also, it has a sequeal to it too! Called 'The Celestial Triad' ...(well, something similar~ :D )

:( The Da Vinci Code...let's see. It was GREAT! Sure at times it did get a little confusing, and they explained things a little too much. But, overall it was a very enjoyable book. I didn't read it on my own, my friends at first bugged me for like 3 weeks before I gave in and read it, and I wasn't disappointed, as usual. I read another book by Dan Brown, Angels and Demons I think. And it was pretty good. I suggest lovers of The Da Vinci Code to read the book. :)

I read the Da Vinci Code a couple of months ago and I really liked it. It is full of colorful history, imagery, suspense, love, life, etc. It is very well written. Quite a page turner. I got hooked into the book right away and found that I just couldn't put it down. I would actually make something to eat while reading at the same time. I must say though that the story is very compelling and almost all of the information introduced is very convincing. However, I must stress as others have already that the book IS A WORK OF FICTION. I remember that after reading the book I thought: "How much of history can we really believe?" ... "How do we know what really happened in the past?" ... "How much of history has been altered by people of special interest groups?"Anyway I think that this book is definately worth reading. :rolleyes:

It's great, and so is the first book (Angels and Demons). It's so well thought out and researched the whole way, and it's such a page turner, I could barely put the book down :rolleyes: . The fact that the book is fiction doesn't change that many of the historical facts are accurate. If you go to Dan Browns website (http://www.danbrown.com/) he says the facts are true, but rather the interpretations and ideas of the characters are purely fictional.

yea.. i havent' read it yet as well... but my friend said 'da vinci code' is MUST to read... there are many things can be explored form da vinci pictures, and it's all said as if it is a fact and nobody can deny it... what i am worry of is my friend also said that he became somelike atheis after reading the book... what is that mean actually??