xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Bandwidth Question

How much bandwidth are we allowed? I know the number, but what does this mean? About how many hits are we allowed per month? I am not quite sure how this works.

I know that, I was just wondering if it is easy for it to run out? Approximately how many hit can you get with 10,000 megs?

It really depends on your page size and how graphically intense it is. Give us some more detail, like is it flash? phpnuke? photoshop? or a simple blocky color website? 8)

It really depends on your page size and how graphically intense it is. Give us some more detail, like is it flash? phpnuke? photoshop? or a simple blocky color website? 8)

I have my music site, and my forums hosted on the same vaio-host account. One is a forum, the only graphics are the banner and smilies and avatars. My own site, has a few images, its not flash, its a html website.

Ok, I just used a bandwidth calculator and with a 4kb page size, size of images 4kb you can get about 900,000 hits per month using 10.30GB of bandwidth. This is roughly an estimate, since you have 20GB of bandwidth on this host you can basically double that number 1,800,000 hits. 8)

my site has alot of graphics on it and i get 200-400 hits a month and ive never used half of my bandwidth so i dont think you got anything to worry about

Yeah, dnljeff is right and I forgot to add that, you are in the safe zone. I'm hosting sites that I have designed(that are MY WEBSITES NOT OTHERS) under the subdomains Ihave and still come no were close to that 20GB limit. 8)

Same here... I host someone who sells web templates (which is very graphic intensive) and I still use less than 1GB of bandwidth... I get an average of 27983 hits a month (more than double what I got last month) so my site is definately growing fast!

Bandwidth is the main problem for many high traffic sites who are hosted under limited bandwidth condition, but in this site there will be no lack of bandwidth, if u take the regular package i.e 30 credits one, u will get 150 MB transfer and also u will get 5 GB bandiwdth per month, it will be more than enough if ur using forums and little graphics on your site. If your site is more of graphics then please go and try with computhosting.com, they do provide high bandwidth package in less amount. Good luck.... :huh:

Puffy! you are replying to the post which is 1 year old!Try to avoid this...nothing wrong in this..but just try to avoid this!And well 5 GB bandwidth is way too much for sites...and if anyone wants more he must be getting lot of traffic and for that he must consider paid hosting!Topic closed...to avoid useless discussion!