xisto Community
iGuest

vBulletin vs IPB

I do hope you have licenses for both if you're going to use them. I would say iPB, it's easier for a newbie. However, if you have experience before runnning a vBulletin forum, then go for vBulletin. The vBulletin admin cpanel can be quite confusing for a newbie.

ipb is great..i personally use it on my site. It has alot of great skin and tons of support forums all over the net. Not to menstion the mods/hacks and portals that it supports.The admincp isnt that bad too...i prefer ipb

"]ipb is great..i personally use it on my site. It has alot of great skin and tons of support forums all over the net. Not to menstion the mods/hacks and portals that it supports.
The admincp isnt that bad too...

i prefer ipb

phpBB has more mods compare to IPB and vbulletin. GO for phpBB.

"]ipb is great..i personally use it on my site. It has alot of great skin and tons of support forums all over the net. Not to menstion the mods/hacks and portals that it supports.
The admincp isnt that bad too...

i prefer ipb

phpBB has more mods compare to IPB and vbulletin. GO for phpBB.

but ipb comes with much more features..and user abilities..like user management system etc...not to menstion tons of skins

Regarding PHPBB and Vbulletin they both dont have a graphical interface as IBP has and IBP is a user friendly board so it is easy for use and you can do any changes within a minute as there are many options to do certain jobs so i prefer IBP is the best

yea i still think vbulletin is easier than ipb....but thats just what im used to i use it on like 4 sites because i help them out with their forums and to me its very easy to get around....then i tried ipb and there was too many html templates to edit....it was harder to find stuff then on vbulletin

"]i think its better to go with what you are comfortable with.

I would have to agree with him on that. It is easier to work with the board that you are more familar with. I thought of getting into IBP, but I am not used to the scripts. So I stayed with phpBB. And I love the mods that come along with phpBB. PhpBB have more add-on mods with everything free!

phpbb has alot of mods but mods are alot easier to install on vbulletin...its alot less editing...and if u have access to the mods then there are a whole lot more than there is for phpbb and better qality mods

phpbb has alot of mods but mods are alot easier to install on vbulletin...its alot less editing...and if u have access to the mods then there are a whole lot more than there is for phpbb and better qality mods

That is true. vBulletin mods are much easier to install. However there is no free access for those mods. You have to have a license of vBulletin to access those mods.

For phpBB, all is free.