xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

need linux

i have (u1 not in my home) i remote that from puttyand i want to try install linux on my computer1. i use linux and windows...?2. what is the diffrent from all the linux version...3. give me the links to best linux that you know10x for all Forsecond...

i have (u1 not in my home) i remote that from puttyand i want to try install linux on my computer1. i use linux and windows...?2. what is the diffrent from all the linux version...3. give me the links to best linux that you know10x for all Forsecond...

You can also try Winlinux. It's a win version of Linux:
WinLinux 2003 was designed and built to be the easiest to use Linux system. Its installation and configuration tasks are performed directly from Windows using graphical tools.

If you have always wanted to have a powerful and reliable system on your computer, WinLinux 2003 was made for you.

If you want to enter the Open Source world, WinLinux 2003 is the easiest path.

Go to http://winlinux.net/ for more ...

The best one's are SuSE Linux and Mandrake. I once had one discusion in a forum with some friends: I and some others were supporting SuSE and the others were supporting Mandrake. When the discussion finished, Mandrake won. So try with Mandrake.I don't know any pages were you can download them, but you can use the most confortable way: eMuleAnd the answers to your questions:1.- Yes, you can use Windows and Linux in the same PC. Linux has a little aplication that let's you choose what SO you want to boot the PC with.2.- Each Linux has been developed by one user/group of users that have "optimized" (to put it as it fits them best) the source code of the Linux in order to be it for them easier to use, so... That's just trying each of them out3.- I don't know any links, sryI hope this post helps you

The Knoppix CD has saved our butts more than once because of its bootability. Even if you decide to go with another version of Linux, burn yourself a Knoppix CD because it is very useful at recovery should your computer go kaput.