xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Apache

apparently html is over now and professional webdesigners all opt for php. so id like to give it a go. do i have to install a server in my computer like apache to test my php pages?thanx!

In answer to your question, yes you must install a server. I would recommend Apache as the server. If you're planning to use PHP and MySQL, you'll need to install them too.y04chs067, That's somewhat old. It runs MySQL 3, Apache 1.3, and PHP 4. I would recommend you find one that's been updated.

That's what we're discussing.What you said is true, y04chs067, but they're not the newest versions. I believe the newest versions are:Apache 2.0PHP 5.0.3MySQL 5.0I prefer these, as they add some new features.

hi again, thanx for all those info.i've installed and configured:- Apache 2.0.53- PHP 5.0.3- MySQL 4.1.10and even PHPMyAdmin 2-6-1after struggling with the configuration, i am now able to create a database, a table and retrieve info from it, add it, update it, which is exciting!!!BUT now, i have troubles with things related to the internet e.g. i cant open my hotmail account anymore, when i want to launch the help files of Flash, Flash freezes. What have i done wrong? Could it be that i configured it a bad way?Thanx for helping!

ive scanned my computer with 2 different anti-virus software, but nothing has come up. this might be nothing important but as i said, im so new to php that i kind of try to find the error anywhere:when i try phpinfo(), its comes up in the environment bit that my operative system is windows-NT while ive got windows xp. also, ive added c:PHP (the folder where ive put php5 files in) as a path in my computer but its not mentionned when it writes the different paths.php seems to be great when i read tutorials, but it seems that it doesnt like me... ;) (or is it that im impatient???)thanx again for helping!

I think ive sorted my internet out...but still, could u tell me how come apache says that my OS is windows nt while its xp?

I think ive sorted my internet out...but still, could u tell me how come apache says that my OS is windows nt while its xp?

Because Windows XP is based on NT architechture. I don't think, that Apache will show exact version of your operating system.