xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

screen shoot?

why use a program when PrtScrn/paint does the trick?

Because MS-Paint sucks so bad... besides, with PrtScrn you can't get just the foreground window instead of the whole screen nor set a timer to do the capture, etc. I use IrfanView, an awesome light-weight/free graphics editor with many options for screen captures.

/hey nareth.. didn't you note something wrong with your avatar/sig?
/edit: well, you can get only the foreground window using Alt+PrtScrn

I'm with scotty on this one!
On my laptop I have to use FN & Insert (not the most conveinent of keys - thanks Dell)

Me too!

Inspiron 5100

--
Mike

I'm with scotty on this one!
On my laptop I have to use FN & Insert (not the most conveinent of keys - thanks Dell)

Me too!

Inspiron 5100

--
Mike

lol and we are all so greatful for the invention of laptops lol, im glad we dont have those ENIACS anymore.. wow that wouldve been really fun to lug around and all visual aid u would have would be a bunch of blinking lights fun stuff eh?

with PrtScrn you can't get  just the foreground window instead of the whole screen nor set a timer to do the capture, etc.

Actually, you can do this, very easy. Just click on the window or whatever you want to capture so that it's "focused" or "active" and you just hit Alt+Ctr+PrintScreen and it will just capture that piece of image you wish.