xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Does anybody create music at home ?

I don't know if it's what you want, but I just built a studio at my house. I've had an old mixing board laying around, and I've had a digital 16-track recorder, so I got some money and put some walls up in my basement, bought some acoustic panelling, and built it. So, I record at home, but I use a recording "studio".

My band always records at my room. We don't go to record studios, but maybe we will when we need a really good sound. Now we don't have something for that.

Well, I do create some music on my PC but I simply don't have time and money for advanced software and MIDI keyboard so it's nothing special. If you like Trance music you can listen to few of my tracks at http://dj-blaze.narod.ru/my_e.html
I'm going to build a site on Free Nuke Hosting and upload my DJ mixes

I write music for our band ;) and play bass... I also create some beats at my pc... I got all the recording stuff at school! ;) I only take my laptop with me and record all! :D

Everybody, and anybody can record on a computer now which is cool because it allows everybody to experience the fun of creating recorded music. Even if your not very good now if you keep at it you'll always get better. Maybe you won't be a Rock Star, but it's fun! I use lots of different recording programs, but the one I use the most is called N-Track Studio. I really like it and it is very afordable.

I have my own little recording studio all within arms reach.I have my PC with several Music programmes (Which cost alot of money and saving) including Reason, Sonar, Adobe Audition, Sony Soundforge, and Quebase. I also have a Mixer (52 channels) Roland Synthesiser (also MIDI) Roland V-Drums Stage set (I play drums) and technics turntables.i didnt get it all at once though, and it cost alot of money.

I've recorded 2 albums at home on my pc! I record everything into my pc through a mixer which I use as a preamp. I got the Emu 0404 soundcard, which is relatively cheap, but fantastic. However I go to a local youth centre, who have a free studio to record drums, coz there's not enough space in my flat. For any bands bout to spend all their money on a studio for a 4-track demo that is rushed, why not buy a pc with it instead. It's much more economical. And trust me, if you want the perfect mix do it yourself. The monkeys in recording studios are there for the money and will give you a rushed job. Buy Computer Music magazine if you need help in your set up!