xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

FTP and CPanel

Does anyone know what port the paid service uses?I've just signed up and I think my network firewall is blocking external ftp and the port for cpanel.. anyone know how to get around this?

Well you think you can turn you firewall off or you could try using passive mode I think I don't really mess with this stuff but thats what I think you should do I may be wrong so just make sure

Works now in active mode- bizarre!Is there anyway to change cpanel settings without logging into it via port 2082 as this is most certainly blocked. :?

Sorry, i dont get any of that; I'm on a University network so have no control over the firewall, would I still be able to do what you said with my personal firewall on my mac?

No. Are you saying that if you try to access your cPanel from uni - you cant get to it? You dont have any control over your networks firewall, and they most probably won't change anything for you :lol:. Theres no need for you to have a firewall on your mac - if its connected to the network (they have a firewall on the whole network).

Yep all true :lol: I was reading on another post about using another proxy, is this allowed- there's nothin wrong with doing this at all is there?

I found a solution to this...admin mightwant to install it onto all accounts- its called cpanel proxy. you can easily google for it :D