xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brett

Trick Jumping?

This is a long shot, but is anyone into trick jumping for Q3?I've been tricking for about 2 years now, and have played alongside trickers such as xaez from austrix. Has anyone here actually heard of trick jumping? I'd be interested to know, even if you know next to nothing about it.. :(

I used to be heavily into trick jumping for Quake 2, when it was still basicly a bug. There are actually guides and video clips explaining trick jumping. I bought a publication called the Quake Bible about 4 or 5 years ago and had tons of pages of guides. I havn't trick jumped for Quake 3 simply because I havn't really played games in the last 3 years! Will hopefully get some time over Christmas though.

What is trick jumping?? The only trick with jumping I knew on Quake 2 was shooting with rocket launcher next to the floor and jumping in the same time. So please explain what this jumping is?

It means some special jumps like the "double jump", "strafe jump", "circle jump"... it basically lets you reach some places that you can't without these jumps but it's mostly a matter of moving smoothly.

There are some mods to train you like "Q2jump" on quake2 and "Defrag" on quake3.

I was never really good at trick jumping in Quake games, and I never really knew that unreal had it too. All I knew about trick jumping in unreal was with the teleporter. In quake 3 there was a whole bunch of tricks that I didnt know about, not that I didnt care, but I played for fun. No practice at all :S

I'm disappointed. I saw jumping and the title and that this was about jumping and doing tricks, that is, along the lines of skateboard and rollerblade, etc. tricks but with shoes. I love jumping! :)I guess I will have to try it was a plasma gun someday, as you say. I have no idea where I'm gonna pick up a plasma gun around here...

I am a quake 3 tricker :P I have played it for around 2-3 years off and on kind of, usually CPM physics though. I haven't been really very determined to play it over actually fragging people in duels or CTF and TDM, I like the higher competition of fragging :P