xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

JavaScript PHP redirecting

Hi there! :lol:

Is there a way to use JS to change a form's submit target based on which submit button was pressed?

Eg.

<form action = ""><button type = "submit" onclick = "change form action to register.php">Register</button><button type = "submit" onclick = "change from action to login.php">Login</button></form>

Thank you!!

Added code tags--CodeFX

I took this from an example on the Javascript DOM reference for forms at w3schools.com . I modified it to fit your needs.

<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function changeActionAndGo(url){var x=document.forms.myForm;x.action=url;x.submit();}</script></head><body><form name="myForm" action="page.php"><br /><br /><input type="button" onclick="changeActionAndGo('page1.php')" value="Submit to page1.php"><input type="button" onclick="changeActionAndGo('page2.php')" value="Submit to page2.php"></form></body></html>

It's a very basic example, and you'll need to modify it to fit your site, but if you have a little experience with JS, that shouldn't be hard. I just demonstrated the concepts.

btw, you should put your code in

tags.  It makes it easier to read.  And you might want to check up on your form syntax before actually writing one.  There is no <button> tag, and you can't put anything inside an <input> tag.  :wink:

It's probably easier to have the option block or whatever send an 'action' request that gets parsed by your script through a switch statement and then uses an HTTP header to redirect and uses session variables to temporarily store the relevant data on your client's computer.