xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brett

Quake Iv

there's a huge 10-page review coming out on the 21st in PC Gamer, if anyone's interested. here's a link to the supposed 'leaked' screenshots, but I think they're fake.

the cover of the upcoming issue of PC Gamer - 

*broken image replaced with alternative*

220px-PC_Gamer_UK_January_2019_cover.jpg

huh!! :) is that supposed to be a bot of QK IV :) It doesnt look sooo cool to me!!But from wat I have heard, QK IV is gonna be one hell of a game :D I believe its gonna blow the living daylights out of the current FPS genres... N maybe their game engine will be more better n live upto the name of its older sibling, QK III(engine fer COD !!?) Though I like the unreal engine cause it make beautiful outdoor sceneries :D

Awww.... why do they make good MP games to Sp again!!Like Unreal 2 sucked but Unreal Tournament xyz rocked!!! So we can see that MP version of games are huge hits B) Who wants to play with dumb AI for pete's sake :D:D They gona ruin QK IV.... or do they have a surprise in mind?? :):)

Well, there is a difference for this Quake:

Quake

Developer: id, Publisher: id

Quake II:

Developer: id, Publisher: Activision

Quake 3 Arena:

Developer: id, Publisher: Activision

Quake IV:

Developer: Raven, Publisher: Activision

Now let me list some of Raven's products: Soldier of Fortune, SoF 2, Jedi Knight 2, Jedi Academy, Elite Force.

All of which are great games, and all using Quake technology (not sure bout Elite Force). And considering id could never implement a proper story into their games (they hired a pro for Doom III, but it still sucked), I think Raven can probably do a much better job, than Quake 2 for example (worst Quake game ever)

HiWell i am sure there is a market for it if they make it SP. I for one always play SP, not interested whatsoever in playing with dudes around the planet. Patrick :rolleyes:

i can tel you this if its anything like quake 3 arena then we definetly have something to look forward to.does anyone know if a demo has been released for this game yet?check out gamespot for reviews and previews.

The engine is really from doom 3 and from one point of view its good because the game's going to come out soon but it also means that the game will require very high computer specs so not everyone will be able to play it. But still im waiting for the game.

Lately got some information about quake 4 from a person that actually played the game. About graphics, more of a doom 3 but added some vechicles and special effects. The sad part is that the game miserably lagging on GeForce 6600GT on medium settings, which is not good news for people with middle-end systems willing to play the game :/

Hello. I played the Quake 4, but I tell you sincerly, I hate it. I has a beautiful graphic interface, so, the game is beautiful, but it`s so boring....I installes it, I played on in one hour, and I uninstalled it. It`s very corresponsive with Doom 3, but maybe the Doom is much interesting. The truth is, all taht kind of games, are the nearly the same. I can`t wait a really intersting shooter game!!!

the other quake games have been really good. I dont think this one is any differnt. It has some amazing graphics and the gameplay is alright. I think this is a pretty decent game with pretty decent graphics.