xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Protect your computer - No one else will!

I thought I would recommend a few special pieces of very useful software that dig out nasty viruses, spyware and in general help to keep your computer operational and running at its' top speed ... I use Zone Alarm Pro for my dedicated firewall (there is a free version also), and AVG Pro (there is a free version also) as my dedicated anti-virus watch dog. At other predetermined times throughout the week, I also run the following goodies ... XoftSpy, SpySweeper, Ad-Aware Pro, PCBugDoctor and sometimes even two or three other really good programs. I used to use Norton's anti-virus but had a few problems with it so I changed over to AVG and never looked back. I know that it seems like overkill to use so many of these programs but I have found that it really does produce extra results in running each one even right after the other. I am mainly concerned with keeping the computer clean and running at top speed and this is what it takes to do it in my case. A side issue to this is that it is important to empty out the windows temporary files on a regular basis and empty the recycle bin also on a regular basis (schedule it) to maximize your space.Hope that this info will help ...

Pah, I use OS X with only the built in firewall running. ;). I don't have to worry simply because few enough people write, viruses and spyware for mac for it to be a problem. Secondly, whenever something tries to install on my Mac I now because I have to give the installation program my admin password to use.