xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Need an opinion

My friend Silvio is making some music and he needs some feedback about his work. Here is what he has to say about it:

Hi folks!
Im trying to make some good music and I need some opinions about my work.
For now I got two songs that you can download from the links suplied with this post.
Im combining electronic/ethno/trance/house etc. Well, I am not shore what kind of music is that. Maybe you can tell me that. So feel free to mail me ( silviobencek@yahoo.com) your thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks a lot with hope that youll enjoy it

Here r the links:

Eastern trip.mp3 (8 Mb)
In My Heart.mp3 (5 Mb)

gec100,

In My Heart.mp3 (5 Mb), to receive and hear, it was not possible.

Eastern trip.mp3 (8 Mb).

Freelancer, Eastern Sunrise, monotonously, also it is overloaded, effects.

But for the beginner, very much it is not bad.

So it seems to me.

Apologize.

I'm no music critic,but I liked both of them. Just one thing I felt could be changed- In My Heart In the beginning of the song it seemed like it took forever to get to the music. Other than that I thought they were good

I'm no music critic,but I liked both of them. Just one thing I felt could be changed- In My Heart In the beginning of the song it seemed like it took forever to get to the music. Other than that I thought they were good

I abolutely agree about "In My Heart." I was frankly bored until the drumbeat came along. The cut could be cut down by a whole minute.

Eastern Trip:The "me-meow-me-meow" sample is VERY annoying and should be used sparingly. Its there for the majority of the song and it makes the whole thing feel very monotonous (boring) so that should be changed. And the end after the bridge section should be more huge! piano's going up and down octaves and things then when it comes in with that indian sounding music you should keep it all going except for that guitar down the bottom of the mix somewhere because that gets annoying after so long. Or it could be changed to something different, to make it a more larger sound for the last bit. And then finally the ending, which was great, but the chanting was kinda ruining it at the end there. Keep the banging on the drums but take away the chanting if you can. And the piano should get slower and sloppier, like missing notes when everything else is going away. and that final chord was good but it might be unneccesary when the piano moves differently at the end...In My Heart:take away the "I love you" sample which is WAY overused... just take it out completely from the whole song, have it not there at all, ever, ever, and you've got yourself a hit. The rest of the song was great. Only suggestion is maybe change the bass riff occassionally. It got a bit boring from just about before the guitar came in and it stayed the same during the guitar, when it really should have been doing something interesting to accomodate the guitar...And other people got bored by the intro of In My Heart but they are stupid, its the best bit of the song but it is RUINED by the "I love you" being repeated, its so ANNOYING. :shock: :shock: Thats my opinion 8)

thank U all very much 4 your opinions (of course more opinions is more then appreciated :lol: ). I will forward all of your posts to Silvio. :lol:

Hi people,

finaly i have reply from Silvio ;) sry 4 waiting.

Hello I'm Silvio (Freelancer) 
First of all I wanna thank to everybody for downloading my two songs (Eastern Trip, In My Heart) and giving' opinion. It means a lot to me. 
Your feedback gives me a feeling about where I am and where i should go with my music. Also I'm akin' all music makers to give me all advices that can help me to be more inventious in my songs. 

@ Gohst 

My friend, I'm glad that you gave a good thoughts: idea: to me! Thanks! 
Sorry I didn't replay before. The reason is that, momentarily, I have some problems with connections to web. You are a good thinker (music about) and I wanna know do you produce youre own music? If yes, what kind of music? What equipment do you have? Software? I'm using just software. (No money for hardware!  ) I'll consider your suggestions. 
I'm almost finished with a new song and also looking forward you to hear it, if you would like to. The song is a bit different, more aggressive. 

Freelancer