tihis probles has been posted before but o have not seen a clear explanation

fe. http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?shoc=1247&hl=mysql

or one that would work

i have been using sql dbs for a long time now

i have set up loads of thing on en

but i failed to work with it here for the first time

the thing is the script i wanna istall cannot connect to the DB

i read the topic given above

i have even created 2 dbs and 2 users and try to switch privlages thru them and us it in the install script

but everything failed

therei sobviously sth i dont know but your mysql

the error is:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'scioper_1234@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/counmxqw/public_html/1/includes/ADOdb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line.....

i tried making db first then adding users to them and the other way around but averything falied and ended eith this message

waht could be wrong?

addnig a quete from the cpanel to show you that the users and assigned to the db

[br]scioper_gs[br][/br]    Users in gs[/br]    scioper_1234 (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)[br][/br]                  [br][/br]    scioper_bosz (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

and to top it off i can say that i have installed the scripts just know on my home server without any problems (Apache 2.0.50 + MySQL 4.0.20)

Ugh, I must be tired.

Because Xisto runs on a dedicated server, the only database and username prefix required is your site name (in this case scioper).

I am getting this:

Install Error

Could not make test connection to database.

Check database configuration values.

Return to Database Configuration

But no connection errors directly from MySQL.

i agree that this time the error is not the fault of the DB

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/scioper/public_html/1/install/step1.php on line 444
so it seem that teh scpipt is getting stuck some place
ill double check on that

but i ran yet an another test on a linux server this time and everythig went perfect so i dont know if the thing aint the foutl of the Xisto srever. During the install the process has to examine a big file and i guess thatt he time out (30s) is aint enough fot it.

take care