xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Xbox dvd

Excellent question.... That bugs me to... I got the xbox for my son thinking it plays games, dvd's and online and well the dvd part is out till I buy the remote also.... anybody know ehre to get one cheap??? :lol:

allright...i try to explain..but my english isn't that good.You need the dvd remote kit in order to play any dvd movies on your xbox. The bios on the original microsoft xbox eeprom had an feauture to not allow any dvd movies. The dongle (the ir receiver) has some software in it, wich will transfer temporarily to the eeprom, with this software you can watch dvd's. When you modificate your xbox, you're able to watch dvd movies without the remote kit. The modchip has an hacked bios on it, wich allow to play dvd's.(hope you guy's get it:))It is so expensive, because microsoft (and BIll:D) love money:D

DVD remote was not bundled with the XBOX for two reasons1) Microsoft are a money grabbing company and saw a way of making an extra ?15 of customers2) Microsoft wanted the XBOX to be a games console first and a DVD player second - hence why it was seperate.You can just pry the dvd disc drawer open with a metal object or something - lol