xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Fantastico

<Looks over shoulder>This is not a troll, butWhat is fantastico? I must've joined after it went away.I'm lucky, cuz I don't know what I'm missing.<chuckle>

good thing u donno what u r missin...its awsome...no error messages and long uploads...its GREAT....i want it back (but right now id be happy with just my site being up :D hope the problems arent comming back again :|)

When wil Fantastico get back. I wait 2 days.

You are going to wait for 2 more days??? Others are waiting more than that and still it does not come back.

For me, I like not having fantastico.  I uploaded Mambo 4.5.2 and it was a good experience. I learned many new lessons through this process which I will never know if I'd installed directly from fantastico. Now I'm confident that I can install any kind of cms, forums, etc. :mrgreen:

i dont know what fantastico is either... yesterday i had a hard time trying to install post nuke manually, first in setting file permissions, then it couldnt find some files, i just gave up on pn....... im gonna try mambo now, if u got it to work, i think i might ;)

Fantastico is an auto-installer for a hell of alot of different content systems. It does everything for you as far as installation.

Fantastico is an auto-installer for a hell of alot of different content systems.  It does everything for you as far as installation.

Yes. That is what fantastico is. However since I never see it, I do not know if I should believe there is such a thing as fantastico for us here.

I had fantastico in my premgaming.freenukehosting.com and a hell lot of space too. But i only had it for like a week then it went away. Also my site was shut down. I dont even kno how and why that happened ether, well i dont care. My friend apply for hosting here and since i know alot about php nuke im helping him with the site. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ :D

OK guys if you have not installed phpBB or phpnuke or anything from Fantastico manually, I would HIGHLY reccomend it. It will help you manage your website much better. That is basically how i learned PHP. I just started installed things like phpBB and phpnuke and postnuke and i would get small errors and stuff and learn how to fix them. Just try it. If the uploading takes more than like 1 hour for phpnuke or 30 min for phpBB, time to get High-Speed Internet. If the whole process takes for that 1.5 hours, Shut down your computer and put it in the trash.

OK guys if you have not installed phpBB or phpnuke or anything from Fantastico manually, I would HIGHLY reccomend it. It will help you manage your website much better. That is basically how i learned PHP. I just started installed things like phpBB and phpnuke and postnuke and i would get small errors and stuff and learn how to fix them.  Just try it. If the uploading takes more than like 1 hour for phpnuke or 30 min for phpBB, time to get High-Speed Internet. If the whole process takes for that 1.5 hours, Shut down your computer and put it in the trash.

RIGHT, I have manually installed mambo on my site. But I don't know what went wrong. My site is inaccessible now...

i dont know what fantastico is either... yesterday i had a hard time trying to install post nuke manually, first in setting file permissions, then it couldnt find some files, i just gave up on pn....... im gonna try mambo now, if u got it to  work, i think i might :D

I successfully installed PHP-Nuke on my site and it was working perfectly until, well, I don't know when the server went back down. Anyway it was working earlier this week.

Oh, well, wonder if I will have to reupload everything...dialup....maybe I'll just wait for fantastico.

i have tried to install phpnuke but it screws upwill someone help me install it please?

You can not install it now. The service is down. No mysql. phpnuke need mysql to work. So either way, no one can really help you at the moment. You will have to wait when the service is back up again.