xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Idea

For the free hosting.Why not have like 3 stages of free hosting, because looking at someof the requests for hosting they wont need anywhere neer the ammount of space that you are giving, so start off giving like 200mb space and 2gb bandwith and when they need more space or bandwith they can request it. Therefore more acocunts less wasted space :D

I have to disagree because then if we have to wait for more space then that means our site is on hold, and as we all know a site being on hold is not a good thing for the site holderthat's my 2 cents....

but if you see your going to need more space then request in advance.I do see your point tho but i think alot of websites on here dont even use half of the avalible space.

This is an idea i agree with. It would in fact be better for all to have several packages with different options as most of us have different needs. Like I need one hosting account with the possibility to host all of my 5 domains. All with their own website and email address.I have made a small list of possible packages, if anyone would know of an other better structure of packages, post a reply. Am anxious to hear what you might come up with else. Peronally i think just a structure of 3 accounts, for basic, heavy and multipe website users is a good standard structure.for instance:pack 1 (standard account):100 mb2gb traffic6 mysql1 domain hostingunlimited sub-domainspack 2 (heavy user account):400mb6 gb traffic20 mysqlMultiple domaIN hosting: upt to 6 domainsunlimited sub-domainspack 3 (multiple websites account):800mb10 gb trafficunlimited mysqlMultiple domain hosting: up to 10 domainsunlimited sub-domains

Even when they allocate this much space to users and they don't use it up, it doesn't mean its wasted space. Its probably better this way lol :lol: 8)

Could do something where account size reflects activity in community?!?

To be honest, that is a great idea. But how could it be implemented??

To do this manually would mean a lot of work by the admins

Could do something where account size reflects activity in community?!?

To be honest, that is a great idea. But how could it be implemented??

To do this manually would mean a lot of work by the admins

In a perfect world there would be some kind of forum add on which would alert the admin etc - but this would mean that the forum and the hosting would have to be connected somehow. I guess it will never happen.