xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Getting HTML source code of a remote page.

Hi there,I'm trying to get the source code of a page hosted on another domain using JS. I've tried a couple of methods but nothing seems to work with pages located on a remote host. I know this could be easily done using a server-side script, but my question is: it is possible to do it with JS?Thanks in advance.

You mean read it in to a variable? You can, but it will only work in IE. Mozilla's too secure. You have to use the Javascript XML HTTP Request object. Search Google for it.

Yep, that's exactly what I mean. I've tried the XML http object but as you pointed out, it works only in IE. So I have to conclude that it's not possible to do it with cross-browser support. Thank you.

Google "javascript file_get_contents equivalent"

/archives/

That site would come in great use, he has tutorials for nearly every single php function that was converted to javascript :D
Very useful