xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Isaac Asimov.

Hi you there.If anybody habe books of science fiction please contact me.I got some books of him and i can interchange them.Contact to my e-mail adress.

I downloaded a long time ago from Kazaa lite (over 100 of theme) and in english, i think you would find too use this keywords: e-book , sf e-book . if you could'nt find theme i could send theme to you.good luck :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:

Does anyone know what Isaac Asimov book it is where this lady owns a robot and it does paintings for her and she sells them then people come to fix the robot because its not meant to do that and now she has no more paintings to sell...? Do you know it? Please help.

Robot Dreams? I am on it. Thanks a million, my friend.Can you do me a favour and try and find out if it is in a specific "Best Of" collection it is in? I think there are three or so, I can only remember vaguely looking in the front cover of one of my dad's books... so, could you help there? Or is Robot Dreams the best bet?

Does anyone know what Isaac Asimov book it is where this lady owns a robot and it does paintings for her and she sells them then people come to fix the robot because its not meant to do that and  now she has no more paintings to sell...? Do you know it? Please help.

There is a very similar story by Asimov called "Cal". Cal is a robot whose owner is a writer. His owner decides one day that he wants Cal to write stories also. He brings a progarammer in and spends big bucks to get Cal re-programmed to write. Cal's first stories are very simplistic. The owner is not satisfied so he has Cal reprogrammed again. The stories progress to the point that the owner feels threatened by Cal.

Anyway, I can get you a copy of "Cal", just pm me.

(sorry to keep kicking dead topics, but it's so much fun) :twisted:

No, this isn't dead I am still very very much interested. I really want to know about the painting one if anyone can keep an ear to the floor about that one and if it comes up then please, please, let me know. Just posting on this thread will be good. Thanks...