xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Grim Fandango

I have started playing it again for nostalgia puposes and was wondering if there are people still oblivious to this game or who have still not got round to playing the damn thing.

Grim Fandango is probably in the top 5 of best games ever created no question and it really is THAT good.

I would be interested to hear of what I am sure is a good few people here's opinion on what they thought of this game and what hopes they have for a sequel if any.

For those who have not played it you are simply missing out.. You can pick the game up these days for next to nothing and there is no excuse for not trying it.

http://www.ninth-world.com/

https://www.grimfandango.net/

Those sites should get you up to speed and understand the hype.

Posted Image

The script is nothing short of superb and has something in the realm of 8000 lines of spoken dialouge. And of course its hilarious.

This game rocks all others.

Manny Calavera:

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun

Manny Calavera:

This deck of cards is a little frayed around the edges, but then again so am I and I've got fewer suits...

Manny Calavera:

My scythe... I like to keep it close to where my heart used to be.

Manny Calavera:

I just locked an open door... strange, yet symbolically compelling.

Manny Calavera:

As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself.

Manny Calavera:

I'm the Grim Reaper, Lardass, and you're my next customer.

Manny Calavera:

It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.

Manny Calavera:

It's amazing how a little touch of human remains can brighten up a place.

Manny Calavera:

I bet Hector pauses here every day, and thinks to himself, "Boy, I wish I could see past my gut and enjoy my expensive monogrammed floor."

And a few soundbites.. http://www.ninth-world.com/

Thoughts on the greatness of this game?

No you really must not. The game was released in 98 so the graphics are not like we see today but this game has never been topped in story and humor.. its like the citezen Kane of games.. It is dirt cheap these days. Unless you are a FPS only type of brainless player I can almost gaurantee you will find something special about this game. It really is amazing.

woot i finished this game 3 times, i bought when they come and i played 7 months ago this is one of the bestest games made!!! is funny, and have a great history