xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

how to use remote smtp for php nuke

Howdy, I want to set up PHP-Nuke to use an SMTP server to send mail from as I don?t want to set up my own sendmail mail server. This would seem to be the perfect solution as I don't need to receive mail. There doesn?t seem to be any option in PHP-Nuke to use a remote SMTP server, but I discovered on phpnuke.org that it is possible -- you need to edit the php.ini file. I did so, editing it so the relevant part looked like this:- [mail function] ; For Win32 only. SMTP = smtp.btinternet.com ; For Win32 only. sendmail_from = henry@henryaj.co.uk But still no emails get sent. I know that this particular SMTP server works, I?ve tried it in phpBB2. I was a bit worried at the fact that it said: ; For Win32 only. I use Mac OS X (which is based on UNIX), which may be why this isn't working. I notice that there is a sendmail_path variable in the php.ini file as well which is blank. Could I set this to somehow use the SMTP server? I dunno. I don't know anything about this sort of stuff!!! Any help would be great! Henry AJ Stanley

i don't use phpnuke so i'm not familiar with it's features but you should ask people in the scripting section (under php), one of them should know the answer to what you need since phpnuke is so popular.