xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Usefull Download Sites ., For programs only .

http://download.cnet.com/windows/ (I think you all know this one )  

And in my opinion the best on the net :  

http://www.softpedia.com/ ( I worked on the initial project)  

It has the biggest software library aveilable for download (Almost 2,1 TB of software to download )  :D

probally all junk software, because if you evaluate all software you will only pick out the usefull ones

I found emulators over there. I don't think those are Legal

they are legal and roms are legal to if you delete them within 24 hours.
also roms are files to make backups or something ive heard. im not sure what roms are axactly are for but i heard they had a difrent purpos than just exploiting handheld games

also roms are files to make backups or something ive heard. im not sure what roms are axactly are for but i heard they had a difrent purpos than just exploiting handheld games

Emulator is a program which is used to 'create the environment that a game needs to run in'. E.g and N64 Emulator would create the environment of a N64 on your PC.

Roms are basically the games in a format that can read by an emulator.

The laws that govern Roms are that 1) You must own the game in its original format (e.g if you have the ROM version of goldeneye, you must have the cart version for the N64). 2) You must delete Roms within 24 hours of downloading (this has always puzzled me).

To be clear, Roms and Emulators are not illegal if used properly.

I used wheredown.com to download software before. There are almost softwares there with full license. However, it is down now. My friend recommend me 9down.com but there are not much softwares here.

Emulator is a program which is used to 'create the environment that a game needs to run in'. E.g and N64 Emulator would create the environment of a N64 on your PC.

Roms are basically the games in a format that can read by an emulator.

The laws that govern Roms are that 1) You must own the game in its original format (e.g if you have the ROM version of goldeneye, you must have the cart version for the N64). 2) You must delete Roms within 24 hours of downloading (this has always puzzled me).

To be clear, Roms and Emulators are not illegal if used properly.

I don't really think the 24 hour thing is a law in any form. I think it's just a precaution by the ROM sites.

Also, I'd like to note that, like Hazaa said, ROMS themselves are not illegal (despite what Nintendo would have you believe). It is the unathorized distribution that is illegal.

Now that that's out of the way, here is a list of free software by Sam Francke and other authors. Some nifty proframs there.