xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

phpbb doesnt work!

nothing like a http error or something, its like the site was never created. i cant beleive this crap.i just had another host and wa isntaling something then something went wrong then i wanted to use my cpanel ehre and the *BLEEP*in hpbb doesnt work. i reall-y dont know what to do. so many host problems.

If you aren't getting a 403 error, then it's not a 403 error. Did you try to instsall it using Fantastico? If so, does Fantastico say that the forum was created in their registry?

Ah. So it is a 403! Alright, if you can't get to your home page, go to the file manager and set the permissions on your public_html dir to 755. For instructions on how to do that, read the sticky in the Hosting Support section.

dir? whats that?edited: man this is stupid now the cpanel takes foreevr to load it uslay takes less then 1 second its taking minutes now.

he meant CHMOD the public_html directory to 755also, ive seen other people have this problem search around if this doesnt work. ANd when i first installed my Invision Power Board i was having same problem and after fixiing the CHMOD its been fine. But im not sure about PHPBB, i just think its too big of a hassle. Has problems n stuff.