xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PHP Nuke Themes & How To Make Them

Okay I am sorta getting into graphic designing and like all web designers we want to make a wwebsite that is custom to our taste.I was never to hip on the cms deal with php-nuke but since I have taken a second look I kinda think this may be a way for me to work out what I wana work out for my next website.That being said. What im looking for are pacific editors that will help along the line of making php nuke themes.Before you say use adobe photoshop cs or jasc paintshop pro9 well I have them already. Im looking for something that is pacific to nuke and all its little nooks and crannies. I really dont wanna work with someones previously made template and re-edit there graphics to carter to my needs. "Will if I have to but rather not"So hopefully someone out there can help me out.Be looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

I'm not a pro, but I've heard thatusing the Splice feature in photoshopand Imageready can save time in creatingthe individual files if you have you lookalready fully put together in a photoshop file.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly its not very much help to me. I know how to splice the files and organize them as needed and yes I have a look I want to use... But I think were I am hanging up at is the php editing.I have apache with php and phpmyadmin on my pc and I got dreamweaver mx but for some reason I am not able to map my dreamweaver to my local server so I can see my work as I progress..... So my work is repeated 10 times were I could look at it just once if I had it mapped correctly...Then my graphic edits wouldnt be that hard to do. This php-nuke is awesome... I am striving to bring an original look to my site outside the php-nuke clones out there. Not knocking the clones because they look good to but seen one seen most of them....Well hopefully I get this worked out or fall within the normal grind of using what is available.Anyways thanks your the first to try to help :D

Hey have a look aover at techgrfx.com they have tutorials on how to make your own skins for nuke and nuke platinum :D. And if it helps well ill come to see you cause i have a request for a specific skin to be made :D. j/k

Way kewl.... website is techgfx.com... but close enough to find.... I will read through everything and post if it works for me... Oh yeah I do outside work to :D

Are you wanting to set the theme up such as where you want what blocks and header's etc that can be created using some theme editors but they really dont work as well as some people think,. if you are wanting to arrange the blocks and everything you need to be able to edit and or create the style.css files and if you are not wanting a wyswyg editor what you see is what you get,. I use Notepad++ its like a text editor but not for txt files for html files, php files, xml files, css files and you can use it to do alot i have programed many php theme sites using this only! But to be honest it would be easier with wyswyg instead of uploading on server everything you change because of php being server side programing. also another trick is to run apache and php on windows this takes some tweaking but will work that way you can basically have a what you see is what you get type exp before you uploadcomptech-hosting.com NotepadPlusPlus.zip