xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zip_mc

Slow Internet not sure were this should be so its here

feel free to move this if you want..-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OK awhile ago i reformated my PC and my pc has been going fine..except that when playing online game ( Americas Army ) it seems to lag alot.. like i'm playing on local servers and it never use to lag this much.. whats going on??my ping normaly is about 180 - 200 ... but now its 180 - 200 and every now and again it jumps up to like 1000 - 2000 btw i'm on 56k :PThanks in advance!

i got the same prob as you have!i also play americas army, and i lag alot!i do have cable internet...some people say (of my clan) thats its about my computer...could be true....

mmmmm cable.. i want it so bad! :Pmabey its cause my ISP is getting tons more members..like when i first joined with them ( iprimus.com.au ) they were new and were voted fastest ISP of the yr but now they have heaps more members so mabey thats whats making me lag..wouldnt be my comp..*specs*P4 2.68Ghz768MB DRR RAM128MB GeForce 4 MX440 ( AGP 8x )

maybe you don't have enough memory. I got about 256k memory and its going fine. When I play my games. I don't know that's the only answer I could come up with. But that's weird when you reformat its suppose to like "start over" and the performance is suppose to be better. maybe its the 56k internet. Oh I forgot to mention i have cable internet.

i have 768MB DDR ram so that should be enough 512 is the recomended for AA ( Americas Army ) and i think ther is an Error with my HDDcause last time i defraged it said somthing like ther is a Surface Error on your Hard Disk please run scandisk.. :lol: now this might be a stupid question but i have looked everywere on my computer and i cant find scandisk.. wtf :D and cragllo your pc lags up playing click based games :P

it might be aa's server 2.. they probably have alot of members which would slow their server down alot.. unless they upgraded to a stronger, faster server.. that would probably speed it up again.. 56k tho you cant expect to be 2 fast.. it can only go a certain speed.

no i meen if just one of the servers went down or crashed it would realy slow things down. The second biggest gaming site on the net had one server go down and the load time for the pages took forever.

hmmm so your alking about my ISP like a server a iprimus.com.au went down?cause AA has all diferernt Aussie isp's hosting servers :D i am confused a little :P

feel free to move this if you want..-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK awhile ago i reformated my PC and my pc has been going fine..

except that when playing online game ( Americas Army ) it seems to lag alot.. like i'm playing on local servers and it never use to lag this much.. whats going on??

my ping normaly is about 180 - 200 ... but now its 180 - 200 and every now and again it jumps up to like 1000 - 2000

btw i'm on 56k :)

Thanks in advance!

i feel its the problem with your isp...
and whether you format ur drive or not, it hsa nothing to do with it.
consult your isp and get the plan changed.