xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Nameserver problem.

Okay, I'm not entirely sure if this thread belongs here (I'll just leave it to the mods to do whatever they see fit with this topic).

Anyway, after searching the forum, I was unable to find any problem similar to mine at the moment. So, here's my problem:

Before recieving the e-mail, saying FNH's free server was back up, I'd registered my domain name, penguinperv.info, with thefreeserver.com. I was about to upload my entire site to their server when I noticed the e-mail in my in-box, saying FNH's free server was back up.

I tried to change the nameserver listing back to FNH's nameservers, but I got an error message:

Set DNS data:   Command completed successfully!Set WHOIS data:  The information you have provided was either incorrect or incomplete.
Command failed due to server error. Client should try again [property[domain][0]=penguinperv.info

I was using the nameservers, ns1.jb-hoster.com and ns2.jb-hoster.com. Is there a problem with my domain provider, is there something wrong with FNH, or did I use the wrong nameservers?

From your error, I think that the nameservers were set properly, but the WHOIS data wasn't set? Was there a form for the whois data on the same page as the one you tried to use to set your nameservers?Anyway, the nameservers are correct, and it works fine for me, so I don't know what could have gone wrong other than that.EDIT: And mods, this should be moved to the hosting support forum...

No. There isn't a field for the WHOIS data.

Edit: Never mind. I did find a page for the WHOIS data. It's entitled, "WHOIS list", but it's not on the same page I use to set my nameservers.

Oh, crap! I just found the form for the WHOIS data on the nameserver page. x_X I didn't see that there before.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but for some strange reason, I can't get into my FTP account, either; just CPanel. Whenever I try to log in, everything goes fine, then, as soon as I get in, it disconnects me.

Notice how it's saying:

Set DNS data: Command completed successfully!

I'm pretty sure that means it's doing the nameservers fine, but getting hung up on the whois stuff. Can you post a screenshot of the form to set the nameservers?

So, is there anywhere you can check what the current nameservers are? If so, what do they say? And what happens when you click on 'Show DNS Options' in the second screenshot?EDIT: Wait, what does it say when you click on Nameserver Admin on the left? Is that the first page?

Well, as for the name servers, it says they were changed to ns1.jb-hoster.com and ns2.jb-hoster.com, but I can't access my site (it still directs me to the other site on thefreeserver.com ). Nothing happens when I click 'Show DNS Options'.

As for clicking on Nameserver Admin, well, I took yet another screenshot: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Okay, well it may just be that there hasn't been suffecient time for the new nameserver information to propagate. Would you mind waiting a day and then trying again? If they're set properly, it still may take up to 48 hours for them to be correctly redirected.

That's highly unusual, because whenever I use a nameserver on that domain name, the propagation is almost instant.

Edit: :) Just frickin' great. Now it won't even update the DNS information.

Set DNS data:   The information you have provided was either incorrect or incomplete.

Invalid attribute value [Nameserver update failed]

Set WHOIS data:  The information you have provided was either incorrect or incomplete.

Invalid attribute value syntax [property[domain][0]=penguinperv.info