xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

SpyWare & AdWare Removal Tools

i use microsoft anitspyware though i dont need it because i use firefox. dump ie and you will never get spyware anymore unless you install software like kazaa

i use microsoft anitspyware though i dont need it because i use firefox. dump ie and you will never get spyware anymore unless you install software like kazaa

spyware blaster always has to download updates to its protection database, including protections for firefox, so it is still vulnerable, just not as much

I use Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005.

But I am using a free trial but going to buy the real one soon.

You can download a free 30-day trial here:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/germany/homeusers/downloads/

Only. There are two different ones. Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 and Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005. Platinum is more advanced than Titanium but Platinum is reccomended for those who almost always have an internet connection open when their computer is on and are mostly busy with online communication and file uploading. Platinum is also reccomended to companies.

Home users that just use internet for fun and almost never submit anything on the internet and only visit some websites, chatting and send email should use Titanium 2005. I am using Titanium instead of Platinum because I have only 112 MB RAM memory and Titanium minimum is 112 MB RAM and Platinum is 128 MB RAM.

Panda stops

- (unknown) virusses (even without updating)

- Spyware

- Adware

- Hackers

- Comes with a good firewall

- And more features

It is a very goood program (atleast better than norton and mcafee) and is definitly worth of use. Don't believe, then try it yourself. Do believe me? Then just... try it too

I have a couple products not mentioned here:

- A-squared. Scans for trojans and spyware. It takes a while to scan your comp if you have a lot of files, but it's not bad. There are two versions: a free one and a paid one-- https://www.emsisoft.com/en/

- BHODemon. Sometimes we all have to use IE sooner or later, and this little program will scan your Browser Helper Objects in nanoseconds and let you remove them. NOTE: Not all BHOs are bad-- http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm

Hey..The best kit:Norton Anti-virus OR AVG;Spybot;HijackThis;BugOff (from same HijackThis developers). BugOff correct a lot of vulnerability from ur computer...AND SpywareBlaster.

I use lavasoft adaware. I find if i use this once in a while, everything is ok. But i find some things just cant be removed no matter what software you use. I have a solution for this.For instance, i had a program called winadtools and it just wouldnt go. Everytime i deleted it, it would re-appear immediately. What i recommend: From running adaware, discover what these problem files are and where they are located (e.g. c:program fileswinadtoolswinadtools.exe)-restart the computer in safe mode-Locate these files and delete them (being in safe mode, they wont be running, and it will allow you to delete them).-right click in the same window, and create a new text file called winadtools.txt-Open up command prompt through your start menu-type:ren c:program fileswinadtoools.txt c:program fileswinadtoools.exe (renaming the txt file to a exe file)(What this does is simily creates an empty file with the spyware name. Everytime it tries to run, nothing will happen.Also i recommend scanning the registry for the problem files (in safe mode) and deleteing them (make sure you backup first though)