xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PC fan Problem

the fan attached to the motherboard is weird!!! it doesn't works in awhile and starts working after some time. could some1 help me wif the problem? coz it causes my pc to autoshutdown sometimes....(too hot)

it maybe a motherboard probelm, you might have to get a new motherboard! ( or it could be a short in the fan ) :? I'd say if you have to get a new motherboard, then just get a new computer :) because your computer over heating CAN'T be good for it.

When did you cleaned the fan last time ? ... It's well known that the motherboard chipset cooler is always the one which give a wierd sound at the start , but when it heats up usually that wierd sound dissapears .. So I recomend you to clean up the fan , take off the sticker and put some fine oil on the bearings ... then tell us what is happening ... If you can tell us the name of the manufacturer and the model number ...I had the samo king of the problem, but with my graphics card ... but I sold it :)

Yes of course ... you must unscrew it , than take itt off ... and of course unplug the fan from the motherboard ... then turn up the fan , and take off the sticker (it has a round contour) , and then put some oil (a high quality motor oil will also be fine) , but only a few drops :) ... Then put the sticker back (because of the oil , not to trickle out of the fan) and then screw the fan back to the motherboard , connect it to it's connector and you're done ... (i haven't mentioned , if the fan is too dirty don't forget to clean it :) ).If you have more questions , go on , aak us , don't be shy :)

I think nothing can happen :) It's just an ordinary fan , you can't brake nothing if you are attentive :) ...But the saffest way is to take it to a service ...

Once had a problem with an Epox motherbord, also the fan who did broke down.Just bought a new fan, and everything was back to normal!

the fan attached to the motherboard is weird!!! it doesn't works in awhile and starts working after some time. could some1 help me wif the problem? coz it causes my pc to autoshutdown sometimes....(too hot)

Which fan is this, the processor fan or the northbridge fan?

If its the processor fan, go get a new fan/heatsink
If its a northbrige fan, go get a new cooler

Go to your shop - they are very cheap - i just bought a zalman northbridge cooler - needs no fan

might be a lil bug in the motherboard, cuz mine use to do that, i was getting sick of it so i got most of my insides replaced :D)