Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

You're winner!

Flat-Out Worst Game of 2004

by GameSpot

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (PC)

Publisher: GameMill Publishing

Developer: Stellar Stone

Finally, the mother of all gaming atrocities has found its way to our Flat-Out Worst Game Award. Before we even launch into the laundry list of reasons why Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing won this award by a veritable landslide, let's set one thing straight: Yes, this game was technically released in 2003. We understand this could set something of a strange precedent, but look at two facts: One, we didn't review it until January of this year (mainly because we didn't even know it existed until then), and two, like us, nobody on the planet had any idea of this game's insidious existence until we reviewed it this year. For those reasons, we think it is absolutely impossible to ignore this game for this award.

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing is as severe an affront to quality gaming as you'll ever find. This is the gaming equivalent of someone clubbing you in the kneecap as you walk down the street, opening up your wallet, pulling out your last $20, and then spitting on you before running away with your money. Concocted by a mysterious developer called Stellar Stone--which, on its perhaps purposely vague Web site, explains that it is actually a conglomerate that farms out game-development projects to Russian programmers who will work on the cheap--Big Rigs is the most broken racing game ever put on store shelves. The back of the box tells of such wonderful things as, "Thousands of miles of highways and byways across America," and "Wicked challenges, including the ultimate traffic stopper...a police roadblock." Lies! Terrible, horrible lies! All of it!

In actuality, all Big Rigs offers is a scant grouping of four horrible-looking trucks to race with, five vaguely different environments that all look atrocious (one of which won't even load, ever, on any PC), an opponent truck that never actually moves (meaning there actually is no game here whatsoever), no collision detection of any kind, physics that would make Stephen Hawking weep sorrowfully into a pillow, no sound (save for a couple of horrible looping techno songs that are the rough equivalent of being stabbed in the ears repeatedly with a rusty ice pick), and perhaps the single greatest, worst, greatest again victory screen ever put into a game--so amazing, in fact, that it is now our official trophy for this award.

In short, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing is the worst game ever made anywhere, for any platform, and the fact that we gave it the lowest score in the history of GameSpot reflects this. This whole fiasco is clearly the work of some evil force, hell-bent on taking your money and using it to fund Russian Mob ventures of varying degrees of illicitness. What is perhaps most disgusting of all is that this game actually sold copies. More copies, in fact, than more than half of our finalists in the Best Game No One Played category. With news like that, it's hard not to lose all faith in humanity--which, incidentally, is another thing we're pretty sure the developers of this game wanted. Well, congratulations Big Rigs, Stellar Stone, and whoever else may have been involved in this evil endeavor: You're winner.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Yes, i was confused by that too.Is copying and pasting allowed in this forum? Ah well.I think one of the worst has to be Killzone - the PS2's answer to Halo my *bottom*.

Yeah they can copy and paste in this forum if they have the source and its link as well.In response to the article, yeah that game does look pretty bad graphic wise and stuff. 8)

Yes, i was confused by that too.Is copying and pasting allowed in this forum? Ah well.
I think one of the worst has to be Killzone - the PS2's answer to Halo my *bottom*.

Thanks bunceboy my friends tells me to get it every week now I can tell him people on gaming forums were saying it was the worst game ever :)