xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Picture Thumbnail Software

I know there are a ton of freeware or shareware programs out there but has anyone here used any software for taking pictures (I will be doing digital camera pics) and doing a thumbnail layout easily?Thanks...

Use Image Gallary softwares you can install these galleries in your webserver easily go to your cPanel and click Fantastico Scroll the page you will see Image Gallery use one of them :)

Yes, ACD See is the way to go. Very useful software. You also may want to try eyelevel web gallery if you have bitmaps you want to convert to jpg or gif quickly.

Microsoft released its 'Slideshow Generator'. It is used to create albums in HTML code, probably mingled with Javascript. It seems to be really useful also for thumbnail generation.

well if your looking for software that makes the thumbs for you and set up a gallery you can post on your website then I got to say thumbsplus is a good one.... but me being a designer I always gotta mess with the coding a bit tweek it to my liking instead of going with there standard formats.... but for most people out there its a fairly good product. :lol:

As I already said, when we are working for a website's gallery, one would look for a perfect validation of the webpages. In that issue, who can overcome Microsoft? The Slideshow generator, they have released is absolutely free and easy to use. It is just a wizard, which asks you for some basic queires like what should be the name of your gallery, style etc.The only disadvantage is that : since it is a slideshow, it always creates a gallery in black background. Even though it is very nice, people might want it to be changeable. It would be nice, if they can use a css file to give the background colour and font styles etc., since it is changeable anytime, for all pages, at a time.