xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

My Game Server Is Not Showing Up?

My game server for Rune is not showing up, and I'm not sure if it's my router or something. It doesn't show up in Gamespy Arcade when I dedicate the server, and doesn't show up in my game server list. If anyone can help me fix this it would be much appreciated because I have a lot of stuff to show people in the game.

Damn, that sucks I guess. Yeah, I don't think it's my firewall. It's always off. Even if it were on my server always was able to show up. It's probably my router. I just need to know what I can do to fix it.

Forget about it. :P I got it to work. I went into my WAN settings and hit this DMZ button and it showed most of my IP but left out the last number and just typed it in and hit enabled. :D:D

Yeah I know, but I got it now, so that's good. I needed to go into my router's settings. Some DMZ thing. But I wonder if there is a way to dedicate a server on my site's server? I asked this before, but I don't know. Someone told me I need Shell access or something.

Ah rune,what a great game...hov? and if you mean on the game it's probably because your running on a network( two or more computers running by router) if it's wireless that's what it is forsure you need to change something in the settings but it's easier to just join servers.

Yeah I know, but I got it now, so that's good.  I needed to go into my router's settings.  Some DMZ thing.  But I wonder if there is a way to dedicate a server on my site's server?  I asked this before, but I don't know.  Someone told me I need Shell access or something.

yeah you need shell accesss you can upload your game but how will the server know how to run it? you need to shellexecute the exe but you need access for that you can try in php to do this but i think its disabled it dint say anywherer that this is supported