xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

where is?

Yesterday I get a FNH then I went my cpanel then I get in fantastico --> PHPBB2--> New installation and I created my forum, and it said your link is : kabatas.xexox-hosting.com/emre but it doesn't work, is there anybody can help me?(and sory for english)

are you sure you installed it correctly? If you haven't made any modifications yet, just reinstall. There might have been some downtime.... Try again in a bit.

that is your root directory, so yes it has something to do with that. create it again and install your forum again. See what happens

If I'm correct there is also a www directory that is the same as the public_html directory

you are correct but xunIQ why did you delete the public_html folder that folder has important info in it if i was you i would go back into the ftp-client and take that www folder and download it to your desktop make a folder on your desktop name it whatever you want then go into your ftp and right click that www folder and download it into that folder you created on your desktop after you have done that goto your desktop and open that folder you will see the www folder in there if you followed these steps correct now take that www folder right click it and rename it to public_html exactly as i wrote it save it then upload it back into your ftp-client :D let me know how you make out hint dont delete that public_html folder as it is very important that you keep that folder step2 :arrow: goto cpanel then fantastico select your phpbb2 new install there is a list there your domain :arrow:

subdomain :arrow: yourname.trap17.com just under that it says install on directory you have to create it name it whatever you want but keep it simple then next line create a admin username next line create a password that will be your forum admin username and pass so dont register on your own forum after you have created it its allready done through your new install in fantastico lots of luck to you

now take that www folder right click it and rename it to public_html exactly as i wrote it save it then upload it back into your ftp-client

I think the www directory only contain shortcuts, so that probably won't work.

I think the www directory only contain shortcuts, so that probably won't work.

Yes you right but I tried to create again and I doesn't work someone can send me orginal public_html folder?

I install the forum to my root directory but it doesn't work  http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

last time i checked it was xerox-hosting, with an R
just thought i might point that out, in case that's the problem..

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

did u take ur site offline temporarily or something? cuz neither link works.

I don't think any yourname.xerox-hosting.com sites work as of yet. I thought they were still being delegated or something, but now I have no clue, as it's been over 3 days now. Anyways, you should be able to access your site via http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, but it shouldn't work until you restore your public_html folder. Good luck.

I don't think any yourname.xerox-hosting.com sites work as of yet.  I thought they were still being delegated or something, but now I have no clue, as it's been over 3 days now.  Anyways, you should be able to access your site via http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, but it shouldn't work until you restore your public_html folder.  Good luck.

I've already created public_html folder but it doesn't work!!!!

damn kid what you?ve done :Dwhile the page is being loaded i can see some info saying:Topic - Where is ? do you create something like this?regs, public_html is equal to host.domain.com if he installed on host.domain.com/directory the problem isn?t on the public_html folder,since he is not using it for the phpbb :P