xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Is Php-Nuke doing good, or bad!?

I use php-nuke, and yes it often has error's but nothing I can't fix or get help with, but theres other people that want it to be stable out of the "box", and I have used other portal systems, such as Xoops, which are pretty stable, but lack "user friendly" source code (excluding themes and stuff like that), could php-nuke make a stable, easy to use system, but still keep there flexibility? Im going to gather information, from posts, and suggestions as well as my own ideas, create an article, and submit it to https://www.phpnuke.org/, doesnt matter how long you suggestion is, or what it is, just post it, and will try to add them all

Heres my basic suggestion: I think the creator, shouldnt rush versions out, and stop letting out unstable code in form of versions like 7.3, 0r 7.4, and take his time, compare the code with everything, and check for any possible holes, or mistakes, and if he must let out early test versions release them as Beta versions, and state that it should not be used with you site until the real version is released (sort of what Xoops does)

So just post what you think, and hopefully when I post it on https://www.phpnuke.org/ our voices are heard,

Thanks for your time

I use php-nuke, and yes it often has error's but nothing I can't fix or get help with, but theres other people that want it to be stable out of the "box", and I have used other portal systems, such as Xoops, which are pretty stable, but lack "user friendly" source code (excluding themes and stuff like that), could php-nuke make a stable, easy to use system, but still keep there flexibility? Im going to gather information, from posts, and suggestions as well as my own ideas, create an article, and submit it to https://www.phpnuke.org/, doesnt matter how long you suggestion is, or what it is, just post it, and will try to add them all

Heres my basic suggestion: I think the creator, shouldnt rush versions out, and stop letting out unstable code in form of versions like 7.3, 0r 7.4, and take his time, compare the code with everything, and check for any possible holes, or mistakes, and if he must let out early test versions release them as Beta versions, and state that it should not be used with you site until the real version is released (sort of what Xoops does)

So just post what you think, and hopefully when I post it on https://www.phpnuke.org/ our voices are heard,

Thanks for your time

I'm yet to decide one open source portal for my site.... your post really makes me think more... I am still deciding...

I dont use portals for my site. But if you want to use a portal use md-pro. It's nice. I installed it for a friend and it is very easy to customise.

Phpnuke is very easy to use if you experiment more....:(

ummm, you guys are forgeting the reason for this topic... :D I need suggestions on how to improve nuke!

Phpnuke is very easy to use if you experiment more....:(

ummm, you guys are forgeting the reason for this topic... :D I need suggestions on how to improve nuke!

To best way to improve is to join them as dev. team if you are good enough in programming and stuff alike.... I dont really know how to suggest further..

I dont use portals for my site.  But if you want to use a portal use md-pro. It's nice.  I installed it for a friend and it is very easy to customise.

yeah but their forum doesn't attract me at all.....

php nuke isnt good. There is finaly others comming, but I would rec. the most recent version of phpbb

you mix 2 things up, dont talk nonsense

I couldnt care less if its doing goodly or badly :D

Dont blame ya!
I dont like php nuke that much, I know people it is easy to use, but i have had nothing but problems with it,

I couldnt care less if its doing goodly or badly :(

Dont blame ya!
I dont like php nuke that much, I know people it is easy to use, but i have had nothing but problems with it,

and again your missing the point of this topic ... :'( IF you had nothing but problems the write what/how to improve it! (*thinks to him-self*But i guess thats to hard huh?)... :D