xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

how to use cpanel

Please help me I am completely lost. I have no idea how to build my site with the control panel. What am I supposed to doCan someone please help?

You gotta tell us what your plans are for your site. Is it a forum, will you use a database, PHP, HTML? We would love to help, but you need to give us some info.

did you check out all of the options? Make sure to take a look at all the options in Fantastico too! I'm not sure of all of the features right now. I'm not able to access my cpanel right now. Tell me what you want to put on your site, I can help you find the right tools.

OK, i still dont really know what to do. How do I make the site??? How do i put those cool polls and scrolling links on the side??Someone please help me!!!

Hey,
to add files to your website...here is what I did:
Go to file manager, find your public_html file, then you want to create a file(the webpage you want to use, whether you upload it or create it from scratch), I created one in PHP Website first, but then edited it and changed the whole thing when I found you can create a file in your file manager(in your public_html file to make it tons easier), and then edit it with the HTML editor that you will see on your upper right hand side of your screen, when you click on the file you created.
If you need anymore help PM me!
Check out the site I did to get an idea...my site is still a work in progress, but I did all of this in the HTML editor in file manager! :mrgreen:
My site