xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Will Windows Code Name "Longhorn" be Worth the upg

After Microsoft ditched WinFS from Longhorn, I started to wonder about wether or not it would be worth $200. Then I read about the new 3D user interface in which minimizing will be a thing of the past! Has anyone seen the latest BETA? I have BETA4 but I think BETA5 is out.

Longhorn will eat 90% of your system resources for that 3D-look GUI and many other things. And I'm sure it would cost MUCH. Use Linux! :wink:

Really now. This is a poll asking you if you're going to upgrade from Windows whatever to Longhorn. It's not a place to advertise, "Use Linux!" If people want to use Linux they'll use Linux. But on a Windows topic Linux is irrelevant.On subject, I don't see any need to make room for Longhorn. I'm just fine with Windows XP, and I'd really have to know what's so drastically different about Longhorn that makes it better than Windows XP. Microsoft can advertise a "new storage subsystem" all they want, buf that's all it really is, I'm simply not going to buy it.

Without the WinFS improvement, the only reason to upgrade is Microsoft will quit offering support on XP. This means no more security updates and such. That kinda ticks me off, but they'll do it wether it makes me mad or not. Thanks for your input Mastermund. :wink: