xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lunaray

What Graphic Card Should I Get? Upgrading computer soon.

I'm planning to upgrade my computer soon. Right now i'm using a *BLEEP* Nvidia Geforce 2 mx card, which can barely play any top of the line games, and i am planning to upgrade it soon. Question is, which graphic card should i get? I haven't done any research yet, so i'm asking on a blind whim. My friend has a Geforce FX 5700 and he says it runs like a charm... So, any suggestions?

Basically I was in the same situation as you. I just got a new Gigabyte ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 128 MB yesterday. It works smoothly for games like America's Army, except for occasional choppyness. So basically I would recommend Radeon 9600. But it really depends on how 'top of the line' you are going for. I you talking about maybe HL 2, you should get something better.9600 is quite 'above average' so it should last you at least 1 or 2 years.

I'm looking for a graphic card that is able to last for about 2 years, or at least until the end of next year. However, I'm not rich. My budjet for a new graphic card is only around 200 US dollars... So, is there any card that might fit that description?

Right now the best graphics cards are ATI radeon .. if you want a cheap good one try and get a ATI Radeon 9100 those were the best but dont exist any more ~_~