xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Basketball

What do you think about it?Is it popular in your country?In Lithuania, basketball is nearly a religion. People are mad about it, and players are at the highest level of playing. Of course not all, but biggest part - yes. Thats why we are called " Land of Basketball " :DWere you wathing Europe Basketball Championshio 2004 or Athen Onlympic Games?

I don't know about in my Country as a whole, but basketball is VERY popular in Memphis,TN. We have the Grizzlies, and everyone here is pround of them, because of all the charity work they do.

Here in New Jersey, basketball is big. We have the best high school team in the nation, along with a couple others that are nationally ranked. My high school has brought up superstars like Jay Williams of Duke/Chicago Bulls and currently 7'0 center UConn recruit Andrew (Lee) Bynum. He has not played yet this year due to an injury to his knee, but should be back next week. :D

What do you think about it?Is it popular in your country?

In Lithuania, basketball is nearly a religion. People are mad about it, and players are at the highest level of playing. Of course not all, but biggest part - yes. Thats why we are called " Land of Basketball " :D
Were you wathing Europe Basketball Championshio 2004 or Athen Onlympic Games?

IC... we do play here in India, but not that popular... Cricket > Football > Hockey > Kabaddi > Volley Ball this order...

Well Justafa i dont know wich country is land of basketball? yours or mine? I mean we r the world champions right? .... ok whatever yes basketball is life in my country....Lithuania , USA and Argentina r my favorite national teams but....serbia and montenegro is the best :D)))))) some people used to know my country as (ex) Yugoslavia so at the end whoever like basetball is welcome....euro 2005 in belgrade - europe keep practising :()))One more question ... What do u think who will win Euro 2005?Krstic (New Jersey)Radmanovic (Supersonics)Tomasevic (pamesa)Jariic (L.a. clippers)Stojakovic (sacremento kings)more to come.......

Jazzy, nice to meet you :Di know your country won the champ, but that name of basketball land came from old times... and i think we can still use it :()))of course, everyone think his country will win the champ, so do i. =]]]we also have highest class basketball players, and most of them aren't playing in nba... but they will ;]]]every time Lithuania plays against Serbia and Montenegro, all fans are really afraid, cose it isnt known who gonna win... i know that in the Euro champ we are in different groups, so we are going to meet in final :())))) cool..Jasikevicius ( Tel Avivo Maccabi )Songaila ( Sacramento Kings )Macijauskas ( Tau Ceramica )Siskauskas ( Trevizo Benneton )Stombergas ( Istanbul Ulker )it would be amazing if Ilgauskas ( Cavaliers ) and Sabonis ( Zalgiris ) say that they are going to play in our team. Jazzy, i like your national basketball team and it's players are amazing.Bulgaria, prepare! Europe is comming :(

Nice nice i would be more than happy to see that final Lithuania - S&M .... probably now with spain 2 the best national teams in europe..... Belgrade is capital of serbia and montengro and that is the city where european championchip is going to be .... U r gonna play at podgorica(capital of MOntenegro) they have crazy fans and i think that all the people will support you and bulgaria 'cause we dont like croatia and Turkey is not favorite coutry in S&M so.....Final here we come.....The best willl win .... and yeah Justafa if u concider youre coming to S&M on Euro maybe we can go together on final :P

for now, i dont have enought money to go, and my parents will not let me :Pin 2011, Lithuania are going to make a champ too :D maybe there? :D

eoghan, how about basket in your country? i'm preparing to move to Ireland... going to live there.. it's interesting, cose i dont know any team of your country or even a player :// only heard about football