xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trystim

New Mac! WoW

Has anyone seen the New Macintosh they released..? I was like omg that is so sweet. It has the hard drive, and all other components exception being the keyboard and mouse and external speakers built into the Flat Screen Monitor. Here is a Link for you to check it out.

Imac G5

Nice, but when I buy a computer I consider four things..

1) Does it use dos?
2) Processor
3) Graphics Card
4) Motherboard

Excerpt from paragraph:

thanks to the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra graphics processor with 64MB of DDR SDRAM

That's the number two thing I dislike about it. Anything that little is definitally skimping out on something.

Nice, but when I buy a computer I consider four things..
1) Does it use dos?
2) Processor
3) Graphics Card
4) Motherboard

4 myself always..
1 price
2 what for
then decide its part, Proc/MB, VGA, etc..

the final coice is.. AMD! (or intel compatible - oups! IBM compatible)

I saw the new Mac at the CompUsa out by my house.. Real sweet.. Kinda heavy though, and Even though I run a P4 XP 256 Ram 30-30 hard drives, on my laptop.. I still look for minimal portability in desktops. If i have to be somewhere, like go out of town for a business trip, and I let my buddy use my laptop, I don't want to be stuck with the equivialent of a Movie Theatre screen to move around. Now that's all fine and dandy if you're going to chill at your crib all day, but otherwise, stick with something that CAN be small when u need it to.

i luv the design on that sucka, prolly the best looking pc out there...(by pc i mean personal computer) I got an ipod 2, which is more reason 2 get one, but im 2 pc(here i mean windows pcs) literate 2 give up all my knowledge and start from scratch.... why cant any1 else make cool pcs like apple?

Pretty sweet computer... and according to Apple, you can replace:

AirPort Extreme Card

Memory - DDR 400 MHz (PC3200) SDRAM

Hard drive

Optical drive

Power supply

LCD display

Modem card

Mid-plane assembly (contains the main logic board, the G5 processor, fans, and so forth).

Original Article

FYI, the mis-plane assembly should include the graphics card!

One of the main things I look for in a computer is future-upgradability. The iMac has this.

eh, only the product i like from apple is their 'ipod' and iphone. For a new computer you'd be better off buying parts from newegg, apart from being more fun and less expensive you can overclock which is a big plus. and i prefer windows ;p

Edited by Dannyg (see edit history)