xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Name ur 5 favourite movies

In no real specific order...

Aliens - Anyone who knows me on here will know the reasons why. But saying as I wouldn't be confident of that fact; it's simply because it is so well crafted and shot by James Cameron; add to that a very intense and brooding atmosphere and some very real and gritty characters. The sets are wonderful, miniature work is top class and all in all it still holds up today...

Terminator 2 - Another Cameron gem, again for pretty much everything mentioned above with the inclusion of some great casting of Robert Patrick and Edward Furlong. Special effects are great but not over done; and the story is epic and involving.

The Matrix - I will freely admit that I am a techno freak. A film with good use of technology will attract me to it more than the likes of Mona Lisa Smile. It's a preference, but I like other genres as well. Anyhow, were to start, it would be like taking the Truman Show to another dark and hellish level. Just that first thought of actually wondering what was real after watching it for the first time...it was freaky. Add to this pretty shocking story, some well casted characters and some inventive photography to get a seriously lethal film.

Bill And Ted's: Bogus Journey - Why do you ask am I adding this in? Because I don't know if I've very mentioned it on here. Most of you most likely think that this is a completely crap film. Not to me, it is just so much of a fantasy that it is captivating. One of the best films I've ever seen for it's pure enjoyment factors and the great music in the finale; yet I rarely mention it ahead of other films like The Shining or The Lord Of The Rings...I'm not saying it's better; I'm just saying that I like it as much as them and it's about time I mentioned it :D.

The Shining - Quite simply the best horror film of all time, by miles. What's good about it, everything. The music is well paced and adds to what Kubrick shows us on screen. His cuts are surreal; the story is involving...the character development is immense compared to most films. Jack Nicholson is the heart of this "big great source of all evil". I don't think he's done better acting work...but it's only my opinion. :wink:

Having done this, I think I'll start another thread later on...it's given me an idea. (Oh Dear)

I have only three. Five is too much for me:The Matrix (only first part) - Great movie, great climate. Interview with the vampire - I LOVE vampires and gothic atmosphere! :D This movie is some kind of Holy Grail for me. Lord Of The Rings - Every Tolkien fan should see this at least 10 times. :wink:

1. Titanic : with all those captivating romances.2. Ben Hur : Can't explain.... 3. Passion of the Christ : Its amazing4. Shrek 1 : for all those laughter it brought.5. Lion King : Lions rule

1. Lord of the Rings - TTT  2. Pirates of the Caribbean 
3. Titanic 
4. X-Men 
5. Polar Express

lol polar express never scene it...anyways
1.a beautiful mind
2.braveheart
3.bone collector
4.snatch
5.pulp fiction

In no real specific order...

Aliens - Anyone who knows me on here will know the reasons why. But saying as I wouldn't be confident of that fact; it's simply because it is so well crafted and shot by James Cameron; add to that a very intense and brooding atmosphere and some very real and gritty characters. The sets are wonderful, miniature work is top class and all in all it still holds up today...

Terminator 2 - Another Cameron gem, again for pretty much everything mentioned above with the inclusion of some great casting of Robert Patrick and Edward Furlong. Special effects are great but not over done; and the story is epic and involving.

The Matrix - I will freely admit that I am a techno freak. A film with good use of technology will attract me to it more than the likes of Mona Lisa Smile. It's a preference, but I like other genres as well. Anyhow, were to start, it would be like taking the Truman Show to another dark and hellish level. Just that first thought of actually wondering what was real after watching it for the first time...it was freaky. Add to this pretty shocking story, some well casted characters and some inventive photography to get a seriously lethal film.

Bill And Ted's: Bogus Journey - Why do you ask am I adding this in? Because I don't know if I've very mentioned it on here. Most of you most likely think that this is a completely crap film. Not to me, it is just so much of a fantasy that it is captivating. One of the best films I've ever seen for it's pure enjoyment factors and the great music in the finale; yet I rarely mention it ahead of other films like The Shining or The Lord Of The Rings...I'm not saying it's better; I'm just saying that I like it as much as them and it's about time I mentioned it :P.

The Shining - Quite simply the best horror film of all time, by miles. What's good about it, everything. The music is well paced and adds to what Kubrick shows us on screen. His cuts are surreal; the story is involving...the character development is immense compared to most films. Jack Nicholson is the heart of this "big great source of all evil". I don't think he's done better acting work...but it's only my opinion.  :wink: 

Having done this, I think I'll start another thread later on...it's given me an idea. (Oh Dear)

pavel u dog lol wat bout a beautiful mind!!!!!! lol cum on russell crowe is a genius...LITERALLY! lol

pavel u dog lol wat bout a beautiful mind!!!!!! lol cum on russell crowe is a genius...LITERALLY! lol

Must've skipped my mind...were-abouts were you in school today? Exams?