xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PHP Website help

Does anyone have or could give a good tutorial on PHPWEBSITE?I cannot figure out how to actually publish my pages on my website, all I see when I type in my URL address is the index of what I have setup with freenukehosting.Thanks!Ladybug

I'm not spamming this forum...I've been a member longer than you newbie....LOL :D Also have tons more posts, perhaps you are only responding to build your posts? THAT is actually spamming I think. Man go look stupid in another thread, one that applies to what you have to say hun. :(

Well I hadn't put the website page's(the one I created) file into the public_html file yet...but Random is helping me.Thanks! :wink:

I dont know what you mean, but you say that you're getting a directory listing when you try and view your page...if when you click on the right page from that list it takes you to the content...then perhaps it is to do with your .htaccess homepage setup?rename it to index.php or something...? dont know if thats irrelevant or not...but i try :)

Im not really good with php but all i use with php are the include tags. If you wana make a php page u need to end the file with .php, then edit it with frontpage or sumthing. so say if you got a plain layout with the main content area and a sidebar menu and u want to have an include tag for the sidebar, then add this code: <?php include("sidebar.html"); ?> dont forget your includes have to be in html so that file will be added and can only be viewed once uploaded..

Includes do not have to be only html, they can contain anything in them. But this doesn't really have anything to do with the original topic.**Locked**