xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

help, newbie on fhn - ftp access problem

hi, I've been accepted today, but I can't login to cpanel or ftp, I thougth that maybe was a problem with the pass so I reseted him, but I didn'treceive any mail. what can I do?10x in advancewartyPD: my username is warty and my email is matiaswarth@gmail.com

hi mike, thanks for your helpthe problem was that I must enter to my cpanel or ftp by xerox-hosting and not by freenukehosting, now I have all accessI have some new question,first, I can log in to ftp, but I can'tupload any file and i cannot create folders too, the program says that I have not permision.second, to register my domain I need the ip address of the dns serversthe servers are NameServer1: ns1.jb-hoster.comNameServer2: ns2.jb-hoster.comthanks again and excuse my poor englishWarty

1. What FTP Client are you using?2. The IP of NS1 is 204.157.10.223I couldnt get a result from NS2, but i'd go and put the same IP for NS2

thanks for the dnsany idea about the FTP?I use ws_ftp I don't think that this is the problem.I can login without problems, but I can't see any folder(public_html, www, cgi) or files, and it says that I have not permission to upload files or create folders10x

thanks for the dns
any idea about the FTP?

I use ws_ftp I don't think that this is the problem.
I can login without problems, but I can't see any folder(public_html, www, cgi) or files, and it says that I have not permission to upload files or create folders

10x

I have same problem
I'm using the SmartFTP :D.

Same problem here. :DI tried to use different FTP clients and still no changes(can log in, but can't create anything), even CPANEL built in file uploader can't create filesI also tried to add new FTP account - it seems that information for this account wasn't saved, because server responds "wrong password" to FTP clientI hope admin will solve these problems

I cannot change password for cpanel or assign an email to my account, so I guess that our account are read-only or something like that.