xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Macromedia Dreamweaver

Does anyone here use dreamweaver? I use it to create my sites because it helps you keep the site browser compatable and because the 2004MX version has awesome XHTML support. I havn't seen the 2005 version yet, but I'm sure it will be cool. My question is, is there a GNU or free program with comparable features? I like to use free/open source software so I can stay up to date for free. LOL. Maybe this will be an interesting discussion. LOL.NatRob87

Though I use it .i know it a little.
:D There are some free plug-ins over all.

Does anyone here use dreamweaver? I use it to create my sites because it helps you keep the site browser compatable and because the 2004MX version has awesome XHTML support. I havn't seen the 2005 version yet, but I'm sure it will be cool. My question is, is there a GNU or free program with comparable features? I like to use free/open source software so I can stay up to date for free. LOL. Maybe this will be an interesting discussion. LOL.
NatRob87

Though I use it .i know it a little. :D There are some free plug-ins over all.

Does anyone here use dreamweaver? I use it to create my sites because it helps you keep the site browser compatable and because the 2004MX version has awesome XHTML support. I havn't seen the 2005 version yet, but I'm sure it will be cool. My question is, is there a GNU or free program with comparable features? I like to use free/open source software so I can stay up to date for free. LOL. Maybe this will be an interesting discussion. LOL.
NatRob87

Can you tell the name of some of them? :roll:

Dreamweaver MX 2004 produces VERY clean code. I started out hand codeing, and have dreamweaver set to "codeing" view as default. It still does great in WYSIWYG mode. ("Design")

it will still put in extra bits like depricated font tags unless you tell it not to and newbs either wont do that or wont know how to do that

I started in front page and was appalled by the amount of useless code that was there in fp when i started using dw. - well, i used notepad first, still do - but i use dw in coding view most of the time.

Yes Drewamweaver is very good! I love the code highlighting as if I forget add a trailing " or > it'll do some iregular thing and I can sort it straight away! Also I do like the cross-browser compatiblity feature which tells that X tags or X attributes isn't support by a sertain browser, whcih IE and FF are set by default.Also I do like the PHP support too! and the in-bult FTP functions too. Very fast and effective! Also I do hand code my webpages and never really use the WYSISWYG editor part, but only use it to see what my layout would look like.There soo many functions in DreameWeaver! Also when I first used it I didn't really know how to use it but after a few months and found some tutorials for DreamWeaver I understood how it worked!Plus I like the bit when want to create a new webpage and it adds in the W3C default stuff automatically! Like the Doctype, and the basic HTML layout too! Although the template system for DW is a little difficult! And another greate feature is that you an edit and image from DW in FW! But dose require FireWorks to be installed!DreamWeaver is recommended to use but if you don't like the price then try ebay! I was lucky as my friend gave me DreamWeaver, Flash, Fireworks and Director MX 2004 for free as he got them of ebay for a cheap price!