xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Did anyone watch the season premier last night? It was intense, as usual. I love 24. Tonight is episodes 2 and 3.. that's so awesome.I watched the entire last season, and since that had been the first season that it was on a local tv station I had to go and download the previous 2 seasons at roughly 8GB each and watch them.... damn it was great.

It's a TV show set in real time... there are 24 episodes which go for 1 hour each, which makes up 24 hours, which makes 1 day... it's ok, but i dont usually watch it :D

Just to begin. Random, technically each episode is between 43 and 48 minutes long. but it's not a big discrepancy.

24 is probably the best show on television at the minute, it is full of great dialogue; some tense scenes and well thought out action. But it's real interest is that it focuses so much on the development of the characters and the plot that other shows are just crap compared to it.

Lets face it, each episode is actually only part of one entire story, in effect, one episode of roughly 24 hours length. Most series' only tend to have stories that last an hour and then move on, with most if not all of the plot wrapped up by the end of that hour. With 24, the producers have the time to simply let the plot develop. If it takes Jack half an hour to drive somewhere and he's in a rush...we feel his tension. Even though it is taking longer than it would in a normal programme; the show has been created so that every little detail is important.

Very damn enjoyable. (No spoilers on series four please, I don't have Sky).

Pavel, technically, Random was correct in saying "It's a TV show set in real time..", it's between 42 and 48 minutes long because it accounts for real time TV commercials :D But you're being too literal. No TV show is not going to have commercials, so when they say "the following events take place between 7:00AM and 8:00AM" they mean the events take place between commercials. heh.

I never said event's did not occur in real time... :DWhat I said was that each show isn't an hour long; and yes I know the one hour accounts for the commercials as well.Try not to warp what I say PSD