xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deedee2003

Popup Blocker what is the best program?

the best pop up blocker program i ever had was one thru comet cursor (cometcursor.com) or something like that im not sure its most likely the worst now but when i had it it was the shitnetsis that google toolbar really that good?mike

I use Maxthon browser. It has a built in pop-up blocker.

Maxthon is an Internet Explorer based web browser that adds a lot of new features as well as a fresh new look to your standard Internet Explorer browser interface. Among the added features are a tabbed interface that allows you to quickly switch between multiple web pages and create groups of pages that you can launch with a single click. In addition, it offers several privacy features like cookie and history cleanup as well as an option to delete the typed address bar URLs (either all or only selected). There are many other features, most of them small, but very handy. For example, it supports URL aliases and keyboard shortcuts, quick proxy switching, auto-scrolling, network speed display as well as content filtering and a popup window killer. Maxthon supports plug-ins (some come included).

It is freeware.

http://www.maxthon.com/

Firefox's built in popup control works well for me. Terminates the popup before you view it. I've never heard of maxthon but the google toolbar works well already. I heard the SP2 ie was doing a good job of blocking popups, is this true?