xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Why Should I Backup My Files??

That is the question you ask.Well today i almost loast about 20 hours of solid hard work al because i made a mistake with my database. everything got wiped - i thought that all my hard work had been lost.I had spent the last 3 days modding my phpbb forum to have subcatagories and had added over 300 catagories + Sub catagories but because of one simple mistake i nearly lost it all.However i did not lose a thing simple because i remembered to back up my files earlier that day.So the story here is make regular backups cos anything can happen.And remember its down to you to make your own backups

You have to back up you file and data.If there is something wrong with your website,you can solve it easily.I think make backups per a week would be fine.

I don't make backup copies of my entire site as often as I should, but I make backups of the forum's database on an almost daily basis (more often than that, if I happen to be installing a MOD of some sort).

you should only backup critical information though becasue all the other data is only space consuming, its up to you what you want

:shock: I've always had the terror of my site *accidentaly* getting wiped out...It's important to keep your files backed up so that when such an event happens....You are ready to put it right back up again.... :mrgreen:

you never know what could happen to the internet, sometimes things just magtically disappear, always good to have a backup is correct :mrgreen:

Its wise to back-up when you know that your acount is gonna be deleted :cry: OMG i though that the "post here to change your domain" only was for sub-domain holders :cry:.I'm screwed.

How exactly do you back up? I know there are some way through phpbb, but I heard a story from one host where the backups just didn't work... What should I use to backup?